Title: Holidays for Two by Briar Prescott
Published on: January 1, 2021
Summary (from Goodreads):
Two friends, two secret crushes…
Rory’s year is going to end on a low note:
– An unexpected family emergency means Christmas is canceled.
– His best friend doesn’t know Rory is head over heels in love with him.
– Rory might just be a bit too much of a coward to tell Matt about his feelings.
In short, everything sucks.
Matt’s year is going to end on a high note:
– He doesn’t have to endure his family’s superficial take on Christmas.
– Instead, he gets to spend the holidays with Rory.
– And, oh yeah, Matt has finally gotten up the courage to tell Rory that he’s hopelessly in love with him.
Now, if everything goes according to the plan, these holidays might just be the best ones either of them has ever had…
Two boys, who are secretly pining for each other, spend a cold Christmas day together.
🔍 How I Discovered It
Another story from the Winter Wonderland giveaway. Briar Prescott is a new author for me, but I’ve learned that they’re the same author of Project Hero — a book that everyone talks about and something that’s forever on my TBR list. I didn’t have any expectations about Holidays for Two, but after knowing that tidbit, my expectations increased a bit.
I’ve just realized that the summary above doesn’t really leave much about the story. The HEA is pretty obvious. The question now is the how-they-got-together part.
That’s what the 4 chapters of this story tried to tell. In a way, I enjoyed the 1 step forward, 2 steps back dance Rory and Matt did. Every time Matt makes a move to get closer to his best friend in a romantic sense, Rory has to push his feelings aside and justify that it’s all about their friendship. Other than getting to know the characters on a basic level, there’s not much to say about them, given the length of the story. In terms of sexy times, it leans more on the low steam side but enough to add warmth during the winter season. It balances out the steamier reads I’ve had before this.
🥰 Who Would Like It?
For someone who wants to satisfy their friends to lovers trope needs without too much time to sink in a longer read.
📚 Related Books