I have started playing this game 3 weeks ago. Since then I only pursued a single guy.
Okay, scratch that. I went for Tendou Jin’s route (and got his ending first), around my second week of playing because I was getting frustrated for not getting Kei-kun after starting 6 or 7 playthroughs (I have a currently saved game which is my 9th one I think) only to end up starting the game from the beginning and not finishing it over and over again. I did this whenever I feel that playthrough won’t get him to confess to me at the church. I’ve been following a guide by fireylight but I’m having a hard time raising Intelligence, Fitness, and Style altogether. IDK, if it’s just me being a sore loser when it comes to this stuff since some people have been saying that getting Kei-kun is easy or his parameters are darn high and such a pain achieving them. >_>
Hazuki Kei is Habataki High’s prince. He is popular, good-looking, excels in everything, works as a model, and a bit of a snob. Being the Mr. Frosty that he is, Kei-kun isn’t receptive to you at first. Once he warms up to the heroine, you’ll realize he is worth the effort. Me, for example, loves to see him blushing whenever we talk. It’s also cute to see another side of him like his love for cats and napping that he goes to the extent of sleeping anywhere. Lol I don’t really believe that he’s a snob after lots of plays in his route. He is just aloof and more of a child most the times. Another plus point for him is because his seiyuu is Midorikawa Hikaru. <3
I searched high and low for tips and hints, and ways other people did while getting his route. On my 6 (or was it 7?) play through, I did everything. EVERYTHING. Even getting all Kei-kun’s CGs on that single play. O.O At the graduation day, I got the feeling that after everything I did for him with the stats of Int: 151, Fitness: 150, Style: 134, Art: 200+, Social: 180+, Charm: 129, I won’t get his confession. True enough because when I went to the church, it was close much to my chagrin. Instead, I had my brother Tsukushi to console me. TAT
So I started another play going for the same guy. I’m currently on my 2nd yr, Dec 23 and Kei-kun is already in 😀 state. I thought I’ll be playing through this till the end yet I can’t help feeling bad about my first almost successful playthrough. Then I remembered something. On some comments that I have read, if you’ve been through the ‘almost confession’ par t of your guy then his parameters must have decrease by, I think, 10 (like 150 à 140). If that is true, I’ll just have to load and play from a certain point before 3rd yr February to work on my Style stats. I treated it casually since just in case it won’t work, I won’t have to get through another heart-break. I still have my latest saved game to work on, anyway. And ta~da, it worked! Fufufu I’ve loaded a saved game on 3rd yr, January and worked from there. Since then, I’ve only been choosing the ‘Read the Magazine’ option and my weekends to call the guys who bombed me (yes Morimura, I’m looking at you >_<)
These are the things that I did during that playthrough:
- I’ve dated him once every month. Not the usual belief that Kei would be annoyed if you stalk him at the very start of the game. My first date with him was 1st yr, April (last Sunday). I think as long as you date him in his favorite places, wear ‘Pure’ clothes, and answer him correctly, you’ll be fine.
- When the store
Gen. Store SimonEbisumaru ( not really sure, it’s the store together with Boutique Nanamiit’s Boutique Sofia) opens up, be sure to drop by. Look for a polka dot blue barrette. Kei-kun sure loves it. It never failed me to have Kei-kun comment about how it suits me. Though the guy’s into barrettes, for some reason he’s more pleased with this one rather than me wearing another style of a barrette.
- Maximize the skinship. One of my flaws in my 3rd playthrough for Kei. I almost had him in that one too. But it took him 3 years to move 🙂 state. *sigh* I followed the checkmark style I’ve read somewhere everytime I poke him. When he’s in the neutral state, of course, the usual place, torso and arms. Also in neutral and 🙂 state, I only use skinship at the start of the date and after he said he had fun on our date. On 😀 and up, he loves it when I poked on his hair and touch his ring. I always touch his ring after he said something from my previous poke. It seemed to have a greater increase in either panel of his tokimeki panel.
- First club I joined was Cheerleading. It increased my charm, style, art, social, and fitness. With this I managed to get the DS exclusive CG of Kei-kun with the heroine. It’s a beautiful CG. XD I quit the club right after I got it.
- How I managed to get all (at least almost) the CGs in one playthrough and the dates I remembered going with him:
- Zoo – 1st year April; :l state
- Planetarium – 1st year May; :l state
- Botanical Garden – 1st year, either June or any month in summer; :l state
- Cinema (I forgot if it’s either Velocity of Light or Spinning) – 1st year September; :l state
- Forest Park – 1st year, Autumn (forgot the month); :l state
- Skating Rink – 1st year, January; 🙂 state
- Bowling Alley – 2nd year, May; 🙂 state
- Forest Park – 2nd year, June; 🙂 state
- Sometime in summer I’ve gotten his CG with the cats. It is also my cue that he already moved to 😀 state.
- Fireworks Festival – 2nd year, August; 😀 state
- Ferris Wheel at the Seaside Park – 2nd year, January; 😀 (or was it tokimeki already?) state
- Flea Market – 2nd year, August; tokimeki (not really a date but I got his CG here)
- The remaining CGs are the ones after the Christmas party, during the School Play, and the confession CGs. If I remember it right, guys like Morimura (the nerve of that guy >>_<<) bombed me as early as October or November of my 2nd year (I usually have bombs on my 3rd year).
- To get his CG in the café where you get to ask him one of the topics, I think it’s only once every playthrough. So I get the summer uniform in the first playthrough and the winter uniform in my recent. Same thing happened on the CG with the cats.
- Don’t forget to always extend the dates so you can have his ‘almost confession’ which I find sweet.
- For the 3 New Year’s I had, I always wished for ‘love’ to Kei-kun. He asked me to go with him during the first day of the year starting from the 2nd year, January.
I think that’s pretty much it. ^_^ If you’re after the Best Friends ending, I’m sorry but I have only tried this one for the normal ending. I have yet to play the 2nd and 3rd ending. The game’s not new but I still feel like sharing what I had done to achieve his ending. I hope someone finds these tips helpful at least. Good luck getting Kei-kun!
Btw, for otome games summaries and reviews visit these sites:
EDIT: Instead of what I’ve written about Gen. Store Simon and Boutique Nanami, it should have been either Ebisumaru or the second-hand shop, and for ‘Pure’ clothes, shop at Boutique Sofia. Sorry for the confusion. ^^;;
EDIT 2: After joining the Cheerleading club, I joined Brass band for my Style and Intelligence. Also, I chose Arisawa Shiho’s room at the beginning of the game. 🙂